Monday 10 August 2015

booktube-a-thon 2015 wrap up

We have officially reached the end of BookTube-A-Thon (well, as of 11:59 tonight), and I 'm here to share with you how my reading went over the past week. You may have noticed that my posts on this blog have been quite lacking in the past few days, and I'll proudly say that the blame lies with my constant reading. While I didn't complete all of the challenges, I feel like I did pretty well overall, and I'm proud of my progress. 



For this challenge, I read Wytches, Vol. 1. I was originally going to read Saga, Vol. 1 for this challenge, but ended up switching them around. Still worked out! While I did really enjoy the art and the concept of this book, it didn't really capture my attention and I found myself not really caring about the characters - something I feel is very important in horror (otherwise, who cares if the protagonist dies? Not me). I gave this book 3 stars - I expected a lot more from it.  

 Can I get a half point for this one? I'm currently about 100 pages into What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick.

I decided to finally pick up Red Queen for this challenge, since it's one of my friend Tracy's favourites. I really did end up liking the novel, but only gave it 4 stars because it took a while to really get into it. But once I got hooked, there was no going back.



The last book I got (before the readathon) was Ready Player One, and I didn't even pick it up this week. But Tracy read it and can't stop raving about it, so I'm sure it'll be one of my next.


 I don't think I could have put Saga, Vol. 1 down if I tried. After reading it, I completely understand why everyone is so obsessed with this series. Easiest 5 stars ever.

Guys. I finally read Cinder! And I loved it, obviously. This was an easy 4.5 stars for me - half a point taken off because I didn't connect to the characters as much as I would have liked to. That being said, I absolutely cannot wait to read the rest of this series.




Well, nope. Speak was the last book I completed, and I gave it 5 stars as well. I don't know why it's taken me so long to read this - I definitely think it's a book that everyone should read as a teen or young adult. By the end of the book I had mascara running down my face and was completely overcome with emotion. Fabulous. 

Overall, I think I did pretty well this year! I ended up completing 4 challenges and reading 5 and a half books, which I'm happy with, considering I worked every day. All in all, I'd call it a success!




















Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment