Friday 28 August 2015

book cake tag

Here's a fun little tag for you, because who doesn't love cake and books? The main idea of this tag is to pick a book that fits each ingredient for delicious, wonderful cake. Like this: 


I don't know who this tag was started by, and I don't have any intention of tagging anyone else, so we're just gonna answer the questions and get back to our merry lives. Sound good?

1) Flour - A book that was a little bit slow to start off but that really picked up as it went along. 
Throne of Glass! For some reason, I could not get into it for the first hundred pages or so. But damn - once I was hooked, there was no looking back. 

2) Margarine - A book that had a really rich and great plot. 

The entire Harry Potter series. Hidden eggs everywhere, just perfect.

3) Eggs - A book that you thought was going to be bad but actually turned out quite enjoyable. 
I'll probably have to go with Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway. It's not that I thought it was going to be bad, it's just that I loved Audrey, Wait! so much and didn't really hear a ton about it from other people. So when I picked it up, I was kind of scared that Audrey, Wait! was a fluke and I would be disappointed. 

4) Sugar - A sugary/sweet book. 
Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler. Mostly because the title just fits so well, but also because it actually was such a nice, sweet book. (And also because it made me crave cupcakes like nobody's business, but let's not dwell on that.)

5) Icing - A book that covered every single element that you enjoy about a book (funny moments, action moments, sad moments, etc.). 
The first one that comes to mind is Maus I & II by Art Spiegelman. It was one of my first ventures into the world of graphic novels, and I absolutely adored it. By the way - Tracy, if you're reading this, which I know you are: READ IT NOW! 

6) Sprinkles - A book series that you can kind of turn to for a little pick me up when you're feeling down. 
Again, Harry Potter. It will forever be my favourite. 

7) The cherry on top - Your favorite book this year so far. 
It's an extremely close toss-up between Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon and The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin. Both of them were absolute, sheer perfection. 

Well, I'm hungry now and have a sudden urge to bake until my hands fall off. 
1 comment on "book cake tag"
  1. Where has this tag been all along? Lovely answers, Ryley! Thanks for sharing this one! I have to do it someday! :D

    Fiona | A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete