Saturday 18 July 2015

the great harry potter re-read 2015

Here's a little tidbit you probably already knew about me: I love Harry Potter. The series quite literally shaped my entire life from the moment I picked up the first book, and I owe my love of reading entirely to J.K. Rowling. 

With that in mind, I've been doing a lot of thinking about Harry Potter lately. This upcoming winter,  I will be taking a class at my school entitled Medieval Motifs in Harry Potter, which I'm obviously looking forward to. As it turns out, the professor who will be teaching that course recently did a podcast with  MuggleNet Academia which seems to be basically an overview of what she'll be teaching in the class. I just finished listening to the podcast (it's super interesting if you're into Harry Potter, here's a link to it) and decided that I want to embark upon an epic journey. 

So this summer, I'm going to be tackling the series once more, this time focusing on the inner workings of the plot (pretty much to give myself a head start in the class). I'm hoping to get through the series by the time school starts on September 14, and I'm planning to post updates throughout my reading that will talk about some of the cool things I notice along the way. I'm hoping that it'll be a little bit more academic and analytical in nature, so if you're interested in following along or even joining me, I'd love to have you! 

I'm going to start this upcoming Monday (July 20), so that gives me 8 weeks until school starts to finish the series. I'm hoping to post weekly updates but can't promise anything, so we'll see where it goes. 


1 comment on "the great harry potter re-read 2015"
  1. It's great to hear you will be re-reading the whole Harry Potter series, Ryley! That's definitely on my TBR-list as well!

    Just wanted to let you know I've nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! :) --> http://spoonfulofhappyendings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/the-sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

    ReplyDelete