Friday 25 July 2014

booktubeathon recap

I just wanted to write a quick little post about my experience with BookTubeAThon 2014. If anyone saw my tbr for the week you might actually be slightly impressed by the reading I did, just not by my total lack of updates throughout the week.

So, without further ado, here are the books from my list that I finished last week and the challenges!

The Lightning Thief - I read this on Monday and Tuesday and got COMPLETELY hooked, and now I really just want to buy the rest of the series. Seriously, I don't know why I didn't get to these books before. And I watched the movie after, so that completes the challenge of a book to movie adaptation.  (377 pages)

A Monster Calls - After I finished The Lightning Thief I was kind of on a roll so I jumped on this one right away and finished it in about 2 hours. I might have to read it again because I just kind of flew through it and didn't get to experience the whole thing, AND I kind of want to get the other version that has pictures in it but we'll see what happens. But the version I had was the one without it and I just read it for the book with red on the cover challenge. (224 pages)

Just One Day - Read it in - you guessed it - just one day. And I loved it and my plan was to read the sequel, which would take care of the start and finish a series challenge, but hardcover books are expensive and I'm cheap. (400 pages)

The Duff: Designated Ugly Fat Friend - I basically counted all the books on my tbr shelf and got my boyfriend to pick a number, and ended up with The DUFF! Super quick, easy read, although the MC kind of pissed me off at times. But this one took care of the book someone else picks out for you, so we're all good! (280 pages)

The Little Prince - I might have cheated because I read the original French version of this in high school, so I already knew the story. Basically skimmed through it in an hour to complete the book with pictures challenge. (85 pages)

So those were the five books off my list that I completed. I also read half of The Catcher in the Rye (124 pages) and picked Going Bovine (480 pages) to take the place of Just One Year.

SO. The challenges I completed were:
A book with pictures.
A book with red on the cover.
A book someone else picks out for you.
A book to movie adaptation.
A book from the genre you've read least of this year (attempted - halfway completed?)

In total I read 1970 pages during the BookTubeAThon, which averages out to 281 pages a day. So, not quite 300 a day, but I'm pretty happy with how I did! Especially considering the fact that I worked every day and was busy with a summer class. :)

How was your BookTubeAThon experience?


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment